Issue with CellHandlerLoader in SetUp pages

  • i102761
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2008
      I'm struggling with a bizarre issue. Anytime I put a "CellHandlerLoader" table in page SetUp it
      does not render correctly. By that I mean that it shows the first row of the table correctly (i.e
      the one containing the CellHandlerLoader cell) but the second row does not get rendered as
      part of the table. It shows as just a line of text.

      I can't figure this out because the syntax is fine and the moment I move this table out of
      SetUp and directly into the page it works fine.

      Any ideas?

      A few notes
      -I have seen this behavior with both CellHandlerLoader for DBFit as well as with FitLibrary
      using the DoFixture support for symbols.
      -I'm using the .NET version of FitNesse and the latest version (Aug 08).
    • jenisys815
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2008
        --- In fitnesse@yahoogroups.com, "i102761" <Ryan_Stone@...> wrote:

        > I'm struggling with a bizarre issue. Anytime I put a "CellHandlerLoader" table in page SetUp it
        > does not render correctly. By that I mean that it shows the first row of the table correctly (i.e
        > the one containing the CellHandlerLoader cell) but the second row does not get rendered as
        > part of the table. It shows as just a line of text.
        >
        > I can't figure this out because the syntax is fine and the moment I move this table out of
        > SetUp and directly into the page it works fine.
        >
        > Any ideas?

        That is not a CellHandlerLoader issue, this a Fitnesse Wiki parsing/rendering issue.

        PROBABLE CAUSE:
         - Trailing whitespace in second line
         - Sometimes you need an extra line after the table.

        BAD EXAMPLE:

        !*** Collapsed section
        !|eg.Division|
        |numerator|denominator|quotient()|
        |10|5|2|
        ***!

        SHOULD BE:

        !*** Collapsed section
        !|eg.Division|

        numerator|denominator|quotient()|
        |10|5|2|

        ***!

        NOTE: Needs empty line between table end and CollapsedSection end that table is rendered correctly.

        Ciao,
        Jens Engel