Re: Anyone know how to fish ikan patin?

  • ivan_w5
    Message 1 of 26 , Oct 1, 2003
      --- In fishinginmalaysiansingapore@yahoogroups.com, ryion7 wrote:
      > I found out most of the lake near sg.kinta(Perak) contain larger
      amount of ikan patin, but its not that easy to catch it.<br>Can
      anyone send to some of the information about this fish?<br>thanks:)

      Nak pancing ikan patin senang aje pakai perut ayam lah sebagai umpan.
    • ivan_w5
      Message 2 of 26 , Oct 1, 2003
        --- In fishinginmalaysiansingapore@yahoogroups.com, eddie_changxin
        wrote:
        > hello everybody! i hav just joined this club. hope i can know more
        kaki here.

        Hello there...What type of fish do u like to fish????
      • ivan_w5
        Message 3 of 26 , Oct 2, 2003
          --- In fishinginmalaysiansingapore@yahoogroups.com, "ivan_w5"
          <ivan_w5@h...> wrote:
          > --- In fishinginmalaysiansingapore@yahoogroups.com, ryion7 wrote:
          > > I found out most of the lake near sg.kinta(Perak) contain larger
          > amount of ikan patin, but its not that easy to catch it.<br>Can
          > anyone send to some of the information about this fish?<br>thanks:)
          >
          > Nak pancing ikan patin senang aje pakai perut ayam lah sebagai
          umpan.

          Why don't you use chicken liver..,,
        • cozy_angler
          Message 4 of 26 , Feb 17, 2004
            ivan ahh..what's with you and ikan patin aahh?
            any way there used to be lots of patin in puchong..where taman putra
            prima now stands..most of the patins are now gone..no thanks to the
            indonesian workers who used to lived by the pond site...but some of
            the baby patins survived the onslaught from my observation late in
            2002 and the patins there go for dedak balls...you can buy them from
            almost any grocers and mix it with some of those nice smelling
            liquid that ladies put into their cakes..but be careful to stick to
            banana flavor since there are lots of flavor and once by mistake or
            folly we used durian flavor but to no avail

            by they way ivan do you stay around kl or ipoh..i'm from ipoh but
            now i'm teaching in kudat..last year (2003) i went back for my raya
            holidays and found a few anglers on the bank of sg kinta right in
            the middle of ipoh city...try using floats..coz i bet there'll be
            plenty of snags from years of abuse on the river as a big dumpster.
            good luck and tightlines