Getting Started....Re: [Fireworks Mania] Firework festival

  • dave pierson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 28, 2004
      >Exactly what can you tell me about this festival.
      Every year from late June thru late July.
      Google on 'le mondial SAQ'.
      Also:
      ==============================

      http://www.montreal-fireworks.com

      with a discussion forum on the displays this year at:

      http://www.montreal-fireworks.com/forum/index.php?action=vtopic&forum=7

      ================================

      > I've never heard of it.
      Its been going on for 10-15 years.

      > I have been trying to find out more informatoin about building fireworks.
      Le Mondial SAQ is strictly a display competition.
      'Building' is risky and heavily regulated.
      Try:
      www.pgi.org
      Pyrotechnics Guild International

      >How they work,

      Many sites, one is
      www.atlaspyro.com
      More links on the PGI site.
      Also many books thereon.

      >training programs, apprenticeships, things like that.

      Good questions, vary with location.
      PGI site is a good start, also: The PML (Pyrotechnic mailing list):

      List URL - http://list.vnet.net/?enter=pml

      Email <pml-admn@...> for assistance.

      >When does this festival start/end?

      It's over.