Firework festival

  • canada744
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 27 5:31 PM
      Hey, I am new to this group and very happy to join. Tomorrow will be
      the last firework display for the 2004 International firework
      festival here in Montreal, Canada. This year, I have been told that I
      missed the best display ever seen, the one by the company IPON,
      representing Italy. It's the only display that I could not attend to,
      and I am so sorry that I missed it. The whole display was amazing and
      the finale was simply breathtaking, with thousands of thundering
      salutes. They said that the crowd went wild and they gave Italy a 5
      minute standing ovation.....never seen before.

      Has anyone in this group seen this firework display by Italy? It was
      on Saturday July 3rd, 2004 at La Ronde amusement Park.
    • Steve Harper
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 28 5:43 AM
        Hey Canada. Exactly what can you tell me about this
        festival. I've never heard of it. I have been trying
        to find out more informatoin about building fireworks.
        How they work, training programs, apprenticeships,
        things like that. When does this festival start/end?

        Thanks!
        Steve

        > 2004 International firework festival here in
        Montreal, Canada.

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      • dave pierson
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 28 8:17 AM
          >Exactly what can you tell me about this festival.
          Every year from late June thru late July.
          Google on 'le mondial SAQ'.
          Also:
          ==============================

          http://www.montreal-fireworks.com

          with a discussion forum on the displays this year at:

          http://www.montreal-fireworks.com/forum/index.php?action=vtopic&forum=7

          ================================

          > I've never heard of it.
          Its been going on for 10-15 years.

          > I have been trying to find out more informatoin about building fireworks.
          Le Mondial SAQ is strictly a display competition.
          'Building' is risky and heavily regulated.
          Try:
          www.pgi.org
          Pyrotechnics Guild International

          >How they work,

          Many sites, one is
          www.atlaspyro.com
          More links on the PGI site.
          Also many books thereon.

          >training programs, apprenticeships, things like that.

          Good questions, vary with location.
          PGI site is a good start, also: The PML (Pyrotechnic mailing list):

          List URL - http://list.vnet.net/?enter=pml

          Email <pml-admn@...> for assistance.

          >When does this festival start/end?

          It's over.