Maintaining the Vision

  • Susan Hitchcock
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 1999
      Dear ladies,

      I've been struggling to maintain the 'lifestyle' of learning conviction
      and 'igniting fires' vision. The main reason is fear! Fear that my
      children are going to have HUGE gaps! I'm sure that is a common fear
      since I have read it before from other home educating parents. My
      solution is to spend time with the Lord and having Him solidify my
      philosophy and vision....my question is what Scriptures [BELT OF TRUTH]
      do you ladies use to combat the enemy in regards to you 'failing' your
      children if they don't KNOW everything. Kind of a broad question but if
      a particular scripture has really helped anyone stand firm against
      satan's attacks....I'd LOVE to hear it! Thanks in advance.

      Susan, mom to 1/2 dozen SUPER sons!
    • Musfe5@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 1999
        ps127@... writes:

        << .my question is what Scriptures [BELT OF TRUTH]
        do you ladies use to combat the enemy in regards to you 'failing' your
        children if they don't KNOW everything. >>
        I don't know the reference. (I am really bad about that) The verse I use
        most for hsing is:
        My God shall supply all my needs in His Glory in Christ Jesus.

        Does this not also include my chidrens' educational needs too? It does say
        ALL my needs.
        God is always putting some cool educational something in our path. One day 2
        weeks ago, my son (9) wanted to know how the lines were painted on the road.
        Just a few days later, we see men doing that very thing. We stop and park
        the car and watch them. We got to ask questions and they showed us some
        really cool things.
        Did you know that they use glass beads to make the paint "glow"? they spray
        the glass beads on top of the wet paint. The light from your head lights
        reflect and it makes the paint "glow". Cool, huh?
        Blessings,
        Jeanne