Alan Tudyk at the La MaMa Theatre - In NYC March 16 – March 25, 2012

  • Rosie
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 12, 2012
      La MaMa Theatre
      74A East 4th Street
      (btw Bowery & 2nd Ave)
      New York, NY 10003
      212.475.7710

      That Beautiful Laugh

      March 16 – March 25, 2012

      Friday & Saturday at 10pm
      Sunday at 5:30pm
      Also Thursday, March 22 at 10pm
      Ticket $18

      Created and Directed by Orlando Pabotov

      An exploration of laughter featuring clowning, live music, and joy, this high-energy, rhythmically-driven comedy piece was inspired by the creator's nightly bedtime ritual of developing stories with his young son. The first monologue of the show is purely written from the brain of a five year old. The cast will perform live original music and new renditions of old favorites to complement this hilarious journey about the power and beauty of laughter in our lives.

      The Following is an Alan Tudyk Interview:

      http://blog.buzzymultimedia.com/alan-tudyk-interview/

      But there's something Tudyk is doing now that he's never done before –and he sounds thrilled about it. "I'm producing a play," he announces proudly to several interviewers grouped around him on SUBURGATORY's high school classroom set. "I've always wanted to do it, I've always wanted to work with my friend Orlando Pobotoy, who's a brilliant clown. He's a teacher at NYU. He was just involved in the production of THE CHERRY ORCHARD, that they did at CSC [Classic Stage Company] that was amazing, with one of the best plays of the year, with John Turturro and Dianne Wiest. Anyway, he and I are doing this play. He does these clown shows. The last one he did was called CREATION, and it got some of the best reviews of any play, that he wrote, and it was a single-person clown show. It was basically the first page of the Bible, and that was what it was, and it had very few lines. He said, `Oh, boy!' `Wow!' `No!' And it was the most entertaining seventy minutes. So this is another original work that he has. It's going to be three of us and one musician. And we're going to do it at La Mama [in New York City] for eight performances only for the fiftieth anniversary of the theatre. And it's called THAT BEAUTIFUL LAUGH. And we're starting a theatre company."

      THAT BEAUTIFUL LAUGH runs at La Mama's The Club stage this month from March 16 through March 25. For more information, go to the theatre's website, LaMama.org.

      http://lamama.org/the-club/that-beautiful-laugh/