OT: Football pool

  • Eileen Mietz
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2009
      My brother runs a football pool every year.  It is a straight win/loss pool, no point spreads so you really don't even need to know much about football to join.  I use a very scientific method myself, like whose mascot would win in a fight or who has the nicer uniforms.  Damn!  I just gave away my formula.  Anyways, it is $34 to join.  Half goes to the weekly jackpot and the other half goes to the year end winners where the person with the most correct picks of the season gets 50%, second place gets 30% and third place gets 20%.  Actual dollar amounts depend on the number of people in the pool.  Picks are made entirely online through CBS Sports website and they have live scoring so you can watch how good (or in my case bad) you are doing as the games are happening.

      If you think you might be interested, please email me asap off list at ziggynj (at) gmail (dot) com.  The season starts soon so be quick about it  :)   I think it is fun and our goal this year is to get at least 34 people involved so all you have to do is win one week and you get your money back.

      I now return you to more Browncoaty discussions  :)

      -Eileen