Solar time laps imaging

  • kikkut
    Message 1 of 4 , May 21, 2012
      Hi!

      Does anybody know how to automate solar time laps imaging, ie. 150 frames every 5 minutes for example. I cannot see that Firecapture can do that. May be I'm wrong. Which program do people use for this kind of application?

      Best regards

      Oivind Tangen
    • torstenedelmann
      Message 2 of 4 , May 21, 2012
        Hi Oivind,

        In FireCapture 2.1 try the following:
        -> in the capture panel enable "Limit" and set it to 150 frames
        -> open the AutoRun tab in the settings and set Delay=300s and the number of AVIs you wonna take

        If you start capture then FireCapture should take the desired number of AVIs with 150frames each and a delay of 5 minutes between. It should also show you the remaining number of AVIs to go in the preview window.

        Torsten

        --- In firecapture@yahoogroups.com, "kikkut" <oetangen@...> wrote:

        > Hi!
        >
        > Does anybody know how to automate solar time laps imaging, ie. 150 frames every 5 minutes for example. I cannot see that Firecapture can do that. May be I'm wrong. Which program do people use for this kind of application?
        >
        > Best regards
        >
        > Oivind Tangen

      • kikkut
        Message 3 of 4 , May 21, 2012
          Hi Torsten!

          Thank you for a quick answer to my problem. That sounds exactly what I need. I will try it out next time we have clear skies here.

          Best regards

          Oivind Tangen

          --- In firecapture@yahoogroups.com, "torstenedelmann" <edelmann@...> wrote:

          > Hi Oivind,
          >
          > In FireCapture 2.1 try the following:
          > -> in the capture panel enable "Limit" and set it to 150 frames
          > -> open the AutoRun tab in the settings and set Delay=300s and the number of AVIs you wonna take
          >
          > If you start capture then FireCapture should take the desired number of AVIs with 150frames each and a delay of 5 minutes between. It should also show you the remaining number of AVIs to go in the preview window.
          >
          > Torsten
          >
          > --- In firecapture@yahoogroups.com, "kikkut" <oetangen@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi!
          > >
          > > Does anybody know how to automate solar time laps imaging, ie. 150 frames every 5 minutes for example. I cannot see that Firecapture can do that. May be I'm wrong. Which program do people use for this kind of application?
          > >
          > > Best regards
          > >
          > > Oivind Tangen

        • Clif Ashcraft
          Message 4 of 4 , May 21, 2012
            Looks like just what we need for the Venus Transit...

            Clif