Re: Superserver NPTL vs Superserver Old threading model for linux

  • javaguru_uk
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2008
      --- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@...> wrote:

      helen> Probably NPTL, if your Linux kernel is 2.6+. uname -rv should
      helen> give you that info.

      It is 2.6+. Thanks!
    • Milan Babuskov
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 8, 2008
        javaguru_uk wrote:
        > I have wanted to know the differece between the old threading model
        > and the NPTL threading model. Which one should we use? I have been
        > downloading the NPTL version, because I associate it to a new
        > threading model, which I believe is the one to replace the old
        > threading model.
        > What does NPTL stand for, anyway?
        >
        > Can someone explain me what the difference between these two threading
        > models is?

        You can find the brief explanation and an easy way to test if your
        kernel uses NPTL here:

        http://www.firebirdfaq.org/faq145

        --
        Milan Babuskov
        http://www.guacosoft.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 8, 2008
          Hello,

          What are the limitations of In clause in differen FB version???

          -TP-
        • Helen Borrie
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 8, 2008
            At 11:05 PM 8/01/2008, you wrote:
            >Hello,
            >
            >What are the limitations of In clause in differen FB version???

            All versions: 1499 constants

            ./hb
          • Tommi Prami
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 8, 2008
              I shall Thank you very much!

              -TP-

              _____

              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 8, 2008
                --- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Milan Babuskov <milanb@...>
                wrote:

                Milan> You can find the brief explanation and an easy way to test if
                Milan> your kernel uses NPTL here:

                Milan> http://www.firebirdfaq.org/faq145

                Thanks!