Re: [firebird-support] Firebird and spatial data (GIS-related)

  • Lester Caine
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2007
      Marcelo wrote:
      > Hi all
      > Does anybody knows if there is any proyect or standards related to
      > the storage of GIS-related data and querying, speciallly in Firebird?
      > I just started a small proyect and would like to use standard formats
      > to store latitude-longitude data and do some querying like:
      > Give me all the records that have overlaping polygons.
      > Forgive if this question is a little out of the main topic.

      It's probably more appropriate as a development discussion, but it would be
      nice to see OpenGIS available for Firebird. It should be possible to do a lot
      of the work via a UDF library initially and hopefully move that into a module
      for the engine later?

      The 'standard' is very well documented
      http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/
      Although copying the PostGIS version of
      http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/sfs

      --
      Lester Caine - G8HFL
      -----------------------------
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2007
        I just download Snapshot build without debug
        Firebird-2.1.0.16967-0_Win32.zip, I see fbserver sise is 2,997,792byte while
        Firebird 2.1 Beta 2 Firebird-2.1.0.16780-0_Win32.zip fbserver is 2,711,552

        It make me surprised

      • Helen Borrie
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2007
          At 09:52 PM 1/11/2007, you wrote:
          >I just download Snapshot build without debug
          >Firebird-2.1.0.16967-0_Win32.zip, I see fbserver sise is 2,997,792byte while
          >Firebird 2.1 Beta 2 Firebird-2.1.0.16780-0_Win32.zip fbserver is 2,711,552
          >
          >It make me surprised

          It is off-topic for this list...ask about it in firebird-devel if you are worried.

          ^heLen