Re: [firebird-support] Best table structure for Debit/Credit

  • Matthias Hanft
    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 1, 2006
      Svein Erling Tysvaer wrote:

      > > (b.transdate > (select transdate from vlastpay v
      > > where company=2 and v.custno = b.custno))
      >
      > There is no alias to company, so it could be either v.company or
      > b.company. I would expect Firebird to give an error for such ambiguous
      > queries, but maybe I'm wrong or you not using Firebird 1.5.3.

      It does work even with "company=2", but it seems to become another
      6-hour job :-)

      The server is "WI-V6.3.0.4306 Firebird 1.5", according to IBExpert.
      Does this mean "1.5.0"?

      I'm going to do some experiments concerning indexes, views, and
      stored procedures. Perhaps I'll find a way which is significantly
      faster than the others.

      Anyway, thank you for your discussion on that topic - I've learnt
      many new things about optimization and WHERE and HAVING and
      subSELECTs :-)

      Matthias