Firebird performance on Dual Core machine

  • Andi Wangsadijaya
    Message 1 of 38 , Jan 1, 2006
      Hello firebird-support,

      I just want to know, is it true that the performance of firebird will
      be drop if it used on dual core machine? I'm talking about AMD Dual
      core or something but not Intel's Hyperthreading.

      --
      Best regards,
      Andi

      Send instant messages to your online friends http://asia.messenger.yahoo.com
    • Andi Wangsadijaya
      Message 38 of 38 , Jan 10, 2006
        Halo John,

        Pada 07 Januari 2006, 1:29:02, Anda menulis:

        > Maybe you can eloborate on testconditions? How many connections to FB
        > connect to how many different databases of what size and run how many
        > heavy queries? What about memoryconsumption and performance of other
        > programs running on the same server?

        > I think differences in performance will show up better at heavy loads...

        > John

        Yes, I think the test is so simple, in consequence the result is the
        same.

        --
        Best regards,
        Andi Wangsadijaya