Substring in SQL

  • williamvdw2004
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1 12:38 AM
      Hi

      I would like to extract records that contain certain words in varchar
      fields e.g. I would like to filter messages that contain "bad" words.
      I have tried substring but since the word could be any ware in the
      message this is not exactly what I want.

      Thanks in advance
      William
    • Magnus Titho
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1 12:45 AM
        williamvdw2004 schrieb am 01.02.2005 09:38:

        > Hi
        >
        > I would like to extract records that contain certain words in varchar
        > fields e.g. I would like to filter messages that contain "bad" words.

        select <whatever> from <table>
        where <field> containing <searchphrase>

        > William

        Magnus