gfix error codes

  • Don Gollahon
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2004
      I'm calling gfix from within a Delphi program. I'm getting errorcode 128
      returned. Anyone know that means? The execution line I am using works at
      the command prompt.

      path\gfix.exe -mode read_only -user xxx -password yyy databasepath

      Delphi 6 pro, FB 1.5.1. XP Pro.

      Thanks

      Don Gollahon
      dlgllhn@...
      ICQ#: 115831669
      "What in Eternity does it matter?"
    • Helen Borrie
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 31, 2004
        At 05:23 PM 31/07/2004 -0400, you wrote:
        >I'm calling gfix from within a Delphi program. I'm getting errorcode 128
        >returned. Anyone know that means? The execution line I am using works at
        >the command prompt.
        >
        > path\gfix.exe -mode read_only -user xxx -password yyy databasepath
        >
        >Delphi 6 pro, FB 1.5.1. XP Pro.

        AFAIK, it's a DOS error that occurs when an operation can't write to a
        file. Gfix needs exclusive access. Is the application trying to execute
        the command while there's a connection open to the database?

        /heLen
      • Don Gollahon
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 31, 2004
          "Helen Borrie" <helebor@...> wrote in message
          > At 05:23 PM 31/07/2004 -0400, you wrote:
          > >I'm calling gfix from within a Delphi program. I'm getting errorcode
          > >128 returned. Anyone know that means? The execution line I am using
          > >works at the command prompt.
          > >
          > > path\gfix.exe -mode read_only -user xxx -password yyy
          > > databasepath
          > >
          > >Delphi 6 pro, FB 1.5.1. XP Pro.
          >
          > AFAIK, it's a DOS error that occurs when an operation can't write to a
          > file. Gfix needs exclusive access. Is the application trying to
          > execute the command while there's a connection open to the database?
          >
          > /heLen

          I'll check. Before this in my code, I do a backup, then I restore the
          backup to a database file in a new directory and want to mark it for
          Read_only so that directory, with the necessary exes can be copied to a CD
          for viewing only. Backup/restore are done using IBOAdmin.

          Don Gollahon
          dlgllhn@... <mailto:dlgllhn@...>