FB Embedded installation

  • mapofe
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2004
      Hi,
      according to the readme file, in order to use FB embedded, the
      application main executable and
      gds32.dll
      ib_util.dll
      firebird.conf
      must be in the same directory. This is a problem with e.g. java
      applications, where usually the VM executable is in another directory
      and it is not plausible to copy this executable into the application
      directory or to copy the FB files to the java bin directory.
      Is there a (planned) workaround to this issue?
      Thank you
      Regards
      Massimo
    • Helen Borrie
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2004
        At 08:12 AM 1/03/2004 +0000, you wrote:
        >Hi,
        >according to the readme file, in order to use FB embedded, the
        >application main executable and
        >gds32.dll
        >ib_util.dll
        >firebird.conf
        >must be in the same directory. This is a problem with e.g. java
        >applications, where usually the VM executable is in another directory
        >and it is not plausible to copy this executable into the application
        >directory or to copy the FB files to the java bin directory.
        >Is there a (planned) workaround to this issue?

        Why don't you ask on firebird-java? Probably the latest Jaybird already
        has the solution....

        /heLen

      • mapofe
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2004
          Hi Helen,
          there was still a discussion on firebird-java, and JayBird has
          currently no solution (if I didn't miss something...).
          Anyway, IMHO it is a problem that may affect also other applications
          requirements and is not java specific.
          Regards
          Massimo

          --- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@t...>