error

  • Ernesto A. Zapata Icart
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2001
      Hi all:
      After connect (./ibmgr -start -user SYSDBA -password masterkey),
      Interbase show me the next error: "...SERVER/process_packet: connection
      refected by root". Not withstanding, I can execute normally ./isql without
      problems. The mode of the file isc4.gdb it's set to 608. ┬┐What's wrong?

      thanks in advance

      Ernesto
    • Mitchell Peek
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 22, 2005
        The cursor identified in the update or delete statement is not
        positioned on a row.
        no current record for fetch operation.
        attempted update of read-only column.

        fb 1.5.2 SS

        never seen this error.. any ideas what might be causes it?

        thanks,
        Mitch
      • Mitchell Peek
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 22, 2005
          Mitchell Peek wrote:

          > The cursor identified in the update or delete statement is not
          >positioned on a row.
          >no current record for fetch operation.
          >attempted update of read-only column.
          >
          >fb 1.5.2 SS
          >
          >never seen this error.. any ideas what might be causes it?
          >
          >thanks,
          >Mitch

          Never mind!!!! Figured it out. Thanks anyway.
        • Ann W. Harrison
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 25, 2005
            Mitchell Peek wrote:

            >>fb 1.5.2 SS
            >>
            >>The cursor identified in the update or delete statement is not
            >>positioned on a row.
            >>no current record for fetch operation.
            >>attempted update of read-only column.
            >>

            > Never mind!!!! Figured it out. Thanks anyway.

            For the next person who runs into that error, what was the problem?

            Thanks,

            Ann
          • Mitchell Peek
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 25, 2005
              Ann W. Harrison wrote:

              >Mitchell Peek wrote:
              >

              > >>fb 1.5.2 SS
              > >>

              >>>The cursor identified in the update or delete statement is not
              >>>positioned on a row.
              >>>no current record for fetch operation.
              >>>attempted update of read-only column.
              >>>

              >>Never mind!!!! Figured it out. Thanks anyway.
              >>

              >For the next person who runs into that error, what was the problem?
              >
              >Thanks,
              >

              >Ann

              Sorry, I suppose I should have said. It was a rather careless error,
              actually. It had to do with the new (to me) composite triggers.

              example:

              create trigger trg_example for ATable before update or delete as
              begin
              <do some stuff>
              new.ModifiedTimeStamp=Current_TimeStamp;
              if (deleting) then
              <do other stuff>
              end

              Obviously, if (deleting) then the New.<Anything> doesn't exist. After
              figuring it out, the error statement makes perfect sense, but it didn't
              before... not to me anyway.

              Thanks again,
              Mitch