Re: Problem with FBExport 1.2

  • Olivier Mascia
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2003
      Hello,

      On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 23:31:11 -0000,
      rockwithme77 wrote:

      r> Hi Milan and Olivier once again,
      r>
      r> If and when IBPP supports the full range of dates, where can I get to
      r> know about it. Would hte best place be Ibpp.org or is there any other
      r> newsgroup where I can keep track of the changes?
      r>
      r> Date of birth of people are more often before 1.1.1970, so full
      r> export of data is somewhat crippled without IBPP conforming to the
      r> dates.

      IBPP Version 2.2 is about to be released in some days. It won't contains
      changes regarding dates support because it's too close to the release to
      play with that. Though it will become a priority for the next release,
      2.3 or 3.0.

      For info, you can subscribe to the list 'ibpp-discuss'
      (http://lists.sourceforge.net/mailman/listinfo/ibpp-discuss) which is
      quite low-volume mailing list or simply keep an eye on the project
      repository at http://sourceforge.net/projects/ibpp.

      Thanks !

      --
      Best Regards,
      Olivier Mascia
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2003
        Hello,

        On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 10:03:59 +0100,
        Olivier Mascia wrote:

        OM> r> If and when IBPP supports the full range of dates, where can I get to
        OM> r> know about it. Would hte best place be Ibpp.org or is there any other
        OM> r> newsgroup where I can keep track of the changes?
        OM> r>
        OM> r> Date of birth of people are more often before 1.1.1970, so full
        OM> r> export of data is somewhat crippled without IBPP conforming to the
        OM> r> dates.

        Correction on what I said earlier (my memory chips are sometimes a bit
        floppy): as it is today and for the last 3 years, IBPP should support
        the following range of dates : 1 Jan 1900 to 31 Dec 9999.

        That's not the full range that InterBase/Firebird support, yes, but that
        should not have been a reason for a problem with birthdates, except you
        need Abraham Lincoln or Victor Hugo birthday in your db.

        I will have to review this carefully, there must be a bug somewhere if
        dates < 1970 gave you an issue.

        Can we move any followup to this conversation to ibpp-discuss own list,
        where it belongs ? This is out-of-topic here.

        Thanks !

        --
        Best Regards,
        Olivier Mascia