Servers

  • pchaisty
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2003
      Hi

      I am looking in a few months time at renting a linux server in a data-
      center to host Firebird.
      My current ISP has said this is a bad idea, but I would like to offer
      a service to a small number of customers where I host the database
      and server for them, looking after backups, user accounts etc.
      The application generating the data and communicating with the server
      is mine, so I could if needed encrypt the data.

      Could anyone please advise me of the merits / pitfalls of doing this
      and does anyone know of any low cost firebird hosting I could use to
      try things out before going ahead and renting a full server ?

      Rgds

      Peter