Error: in Server Log File

  • Zakir Mahomedy
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1, 2003
      (Server) Fri Jan 31 16:07:51 2003

      WNET/wnet_error: ReadFile end-of-file errno = 109

      I keep getting this error. What is it and how do i fix it.

      Thanks

    • Jason Chapman (JAC2)
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1, 2003
        AFAIK It is the same as the INET error 10054 (or maybe 100054), but for
        NETBEUI, it means that the other end broke the connections without saying
        goodbye. The client app is crashing, or machine being turned off etc etc.

        How many per day & do you get periods when you get lots?
        What is your NW set up?

        JAC
        Jason Chapman
        JAC2 Consultancy

        Training - Development - Consultancy
        Delphi, InterBase, Firebird, OOAD, Development lifecycle assistance,
        Troubleshooting projects, QA.....
        www: When I get round to it....

        "Zakir Mahomedy" <zmahomedy@...> wrote in message

        > (Server) Fri Jan 31 16:07:51 2003
        >
        > WNET/wnet_error: ReadFile end-of-file errno = 109
        >
        > I keep getting this error. What is it and how do i fix it.
        >
        > Thanks

      • paultugwell
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 1 5:22 AM
          I am connecting to FB over an ISDN line and am having problems with
          the connection being lost and with spurious calls from the server end
          ofthe connection. Researching the data available for this problem
          seems to indicate that the problem is due to the dummy_packet_interval
          value being set to the default of 60s. I have tried to change this to
          a higher value by modifying ibconfig but this seems to have no
          effect. Also, changing the connection_timeout value has no effect. I
          have stopped and restarted the FB server after making the changes.
          Using FB1. The application is written in Delphi and uses IBO to
          connect to FB.