Re: [ib-support] VPN Connection

  • Helen Borrie
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2002
      At 02:47 AM 01-11-02 -0500, Slim Roberts wrote:
      >Has anyone any idea why I can not get any connection to a GDB via VPN over
      >the net. I have checked with the server/firewall man and have confirmed
      >that port 3050 is OK also if I use IB Coms Diagnostic I can get a
      >connection to the server on 3050, But not to a database.

      Astonishingly useful at times like these: second sight.

      In the absence of "the gift", details of your connection string, database
      version, client version, how you are communicating with the client and a
      report of the actual error message encountered can be *awfully* helpful.

      heLen
    • Slim Roberts
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 2, 2002
        Many thanks for the answer, but thankfully it has been resolved. I was the
        path to the gdb that was wrong. The person at the other end had not told me
        the correct path missing out the first part after :d:\
        Many thanks
        Slim

        Slim Roberts
        R S Engineering.