Re: [firebird-support] How to disable database triggers

  • Mark Rotteveel
    Message 1 of 2 , May 13, 2013
      On Mon, 13 May 2013 09:01:10 -0000, "rj1102" <rjm@...> wrote:
      > While testing Firebird I made an error in an "on database connect"
      > trigger. I.e., I used an sql select statement with a non-singleton
      result
      > set. Now I get an error every time i connect to the database, making the
      > database useless.
      >
      > How can i disable fireing database triggers, so I can correct my
      trigger?

      See the Firebird 2.5 Language Reference Update:
      http://www.firebirdsql.org/file/documentation/reference_manuals/reference_material/html/langrefupd25-ddl-trigger.html

      "
      Some Firebird command-line tools have been supplied with new switches to
      suppress the automatic firing of database triggers:

      gbak -nodbtriggers
      isql -nodbtriggers
      nbackup -T

      These switches can only be used by the database owner and SYSDBA.
      "

      Mark