Re: [firebird-support] Re: Does anyone know what the error too many indexes in table TMP%#MAU@ means

  • Ann Harrison
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2013
      On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 11:53 PM, Dmitry Yemanov <
      dimitr@...> wrote:

      > > 65535 indices per table (which BTW is a hell of a lot).
      >
      > This is a purely theoretical limit. The practical one depends on the
      > page size, as it's limited by how many index descriptors can fit an
      > index root page.

      Right. I've forgotten why a table can't have follow-on index root pages,
      but it never has. So there are two factors that determine the maximum
      number of indexes, the page size and the number of columns in the indexes.
      I think that the description uses field IDs so the length of the column
      names doesn't come into it, but I could be wrong about that too.

      Good luck,

      Ann