Re: Unreadable file & Firebird to MySQL data migration

  • Pierre Polome
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2010
      Thanks for all your replies :)

      Actually, it seams that there is no user/password set on my firebird embedded server installation on windows ...

      When I'm trying to update sysdba user, because it does not exist, I can't.

      How can I create a db user in an embedded server?

      thx

      --- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Pierre Polome" <polome.pierre@...> wrote:

      > Hello,I'm new to firebird, and for one of my customer I need to migrate
      > a firebird database to a MySQL one.
      > My customer sent me some .fdb file, but I can't read them. I can read
      > the sample one added by the installation package (2.5).I'm using
      > razorsql to do this on a Mas OS X.6.5
      > I'm not sure, but maybe the file is for a 1.5 or something like that.
      > Could somebody put me on the wayYou can find the file at:
      > http://warehouse.twenty8prod.com/rtff.fdb
      > RegardsTwentyeight
      >
      > ---------------------------------------
      >
      > Bonjour,
      > Je suis nouveau avec firebird et pour un client, je dois faire une
      > migration de donnée de fdb vers MySQL.J'essaye d'ouvrir les fichiers
      > archives fourni par le client, et n'y arrive pas.J'utilise pour se faire
      > RazorSQL sur un Mac en OS X.6.5. Le fichier de démo fourni à
      > l'installation de firebird s'ouvre parfaitement avec razorSQL.
      > Il est possible que le fichier ai été fait avec une db en 1.5 ou
      > quelque chose comme ça, mais je n'ai aucun moyen de le savoir.
      > Le fichier est disponible ici:
      > http://warehouse.twenty8prod.com/rtff.fdbJe cherche donc quelqu'un qui
      > peut m'aider à ouvrir ces fichier.
      > Mercitwentyeight

    • Paul Vinkenoog
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2010
        Pierre Polome wrote:

        > Actually, it seams that there is no user/password set on my firebird embedded server installation on windows ...
        >
        > When I'm trying to update sysdba user, because it does not exist, I can't.
        >
        > How can I create a db user in an embedded server?

        You can't. Users don't exist in regular databases, they exist in the security database.
        They are referenced in regular databases though, as owners of tables, procedures etc., or as having certain rights on objects.

        But with Firebird Embedded, the security database isn't used at all. Just connect as SYSDBA with *any* password and you have full access.

        Cheers,
        Paul Vinkenoog