Re: [fingerlakestrail] Fw: O1 Closure and Reroute

  • mary domanski
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 25, 2006
      that is a real shame. i only know too well.

      on the other hand i was out yesterday, finally warm enough to paint blazes. i stopped at the wieder shelter on map CT4 and read the register there. what lovely notes and people who were so appreciative of what they could enjoy. i was surprised at several entries from canada. ellicottville is not far from there so our little eville flyer must be peeking someone's interest and eville is a canadian hot spot.

      happy trail work..

      Joe Dabes <kabjnd@...> wrote:
      Sad news:

      The following message will be posted on the FLTC website under Trail Conditions. This is a loss of more than 4 miles of nice trail that passed by beautiful Spicer Falls. The landowner cited problems with loose dogs and hikers wandering off the trail. PLEASE respect the private landowners whose land you cross. Do not stray from the trail and keep your dog on a leash.

      We have lost a number of miles of our Finger Lakes Trail on private land recently. It is so important to respect the rights of the landowners, or we will lose more trail.

      Thanks, Java Joe

      Hello, Joan,

      Please post the following under Trail Conditions on our FLTC website.

      3/7/06 - Tony Rodriguez - Map O1 Due to loss of landowner permission (he cited loose dogs and hikers wandering around the property) the trail has been rerouted onto roads from Chickadee Hollow Road (unsigned road off Morgan Hill Road) to W. Keeney Road. Traveling north to south, after reaching Chickadee Hollow Rd. (0.7 mi. after crossing a power line), turn north on Chickadee Hollow Rd. After 0.6 mi. on it turn left (south) for 2.8 miles on Morgan Hill Rd. until turning left (east) on NY 13. After 1.6 miles turn left (northeast) on W. Keeney Rd., traveling 1.2 miles to the now closed trailhead. Continue 0.1 mile to Tripoli Rd., turning left to pick up the existing trail.

      Thanks, Joe

      Please report any trail condition issue directly to Howard Beye at fltc@...