Re: [findingfaith] Emerging groups near Charlotte, NC?

  • Vanessa Greene
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 8, 2004
      hello i don't know if there any groups around your area, i just joined the group so that i can learn things so if you learn things let me know, thank you very much, and you can always contact me thank you once again. Vanessa greene

      You can visit the Finding Faith Yahoo groups web site to modify your
      delivery settings and review former messages @

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 9, 2004
        Someone asked:

        Are there any Emergent groups meeting in or near Charlotte, NC?

        ss:

        Yes there are a few. I recommend

        http://www.warehouse242.org

        I've been there a couple of times and really like them.

        You might also like:

        http://www.ucfellowship.org

        http://www.thresholdchurch.com.

        Someone I met there emailed me this ab Charlotte:

        "Charlotte is indeed a great place to live and work in ministry, In addition
        to having three topnotch seminaries, there are a number of new churches
        targeting the emerging culture.

        Forest Hill has been planting churches for about eight years -- Lake Forest
        in the Lake Norman area; Warehouse 242 in the center city; and Threshold in
        Weddington. Of the three, Warehouse would appeal to the youngest, edgiest
        crowd; Threshold is exploring Len Sweet's EPIC model for ministry and
        reaching families with children 10 and younger (although the age range of
        the church is pretty diverse).

        The Metrolina Baptist Association has been planting churches with a forward
        looking vision. I'm not sure how intentional they are in reaching "the
        emerging culture" but they are fairly young congregations. You could check
        out Charlotte South, Charlotte North, and I think they recently launched
        Charlotte East.

        Mecklenburg Community Church is a church that looks a lot like Willow Creek;
        they're on the north side of Charlotte. They just planted a church in
        Huntersville with a little younger demographic.

        On the south side of the city, several other churches to consider:
        Southbrook Community Church, Weddington Community Church, and Christ the
        King Anglican Church -- all trying to reach young unchurched people."

        So that's a start!
        http://faithmaps.blogspot.com

        ---

      • Neal Thomas
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 9, 2004
          Thanks. I attended a Discipleship class at Southern Evangelical Seminary with a girl who was a member of Warehouse 242.

          Stephen Shields <sshields@...> wrote:Someone asked:

[...]

          Waiting for the last Trump to sound,
          1 Thes 4:16-17
          Neal Thomas

        • Stacy D Tucker
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 15, 2004
            Hi !
            I would love to know if there are any groups in or around Kansas City,
            Missouri or Kansas City, Kansas. I may bee too deep in the Bible belt,
            but thought I'd ask and see.
            Thanks so much,
            Stacy

            On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 21:57:21 -0500 "Stephen Shields"
            <sshields@...> writes:

            > Someone asked:
            >

            > Are there any Emergent groups meeting in or near Charlotte, NC?
            >
            > ss:
            >
            > Yes there are a few. I recommend
            >
            > http://www.warehouse242.org
            >
            > I've been there a couple of times and really like them.
            >
            > You might also like:
            >
            > http://www.ucfellowship.org
            >
            > http://www.thresholdchurch.com.
            >
            > Someone I met there emailed me this ab Charlotte:
            >
            > "Charlotte is indeed a great place to live and work in ministry, In
            > addition
            > to having three topnotch seminaries, there are a number of new
            > churches
            > targeting the emerging culture.
            >
            > Forest Hill has been planting churches for about eight years -- Lake
            > Forest
            > in the Lake Norman area; Warehouse 242 in the center city; and
            > Threshold in
            > Weddington. Of the three, Warehouse would appeal to the youngest,
            > edgiest
            > crowd; Threshold is exploring Len Sweet's EPIC model for ministry
            > and
            > reaching families with children 10 and younger (although the age
            > range of
            > the church is pretty diverse).
            >
            > The Metrolina Baptist Association has been planting churches with a
            > forward
            > looking vision. I'm not sure how intentional they are in reaching
            > "the
            > emerging culture" but they are fairly young congregations. You could
            > check
            > out Charlotte South, Charlotte North, and I think they recently
            > launched
            > Charlotte East.
            >
            > Mecklenburg Community Church is a church that looks a lot like
            > Willow Creek;
            > they're on the north side of Charlotte. They just planted a church
            > in
            > Huntersville with a little younger demographic.
            >
            > On the south side of the city, several other churches to consider:
            > Southbrook Community Church, Weddington Community Church, and Christ
            > the
            > King Anglican Church -- all trying to reach young unchurched
            > people."
            >
            > So that's a start!
            > Stephen Shields
            > sshields@...
            > http://www.faithmaps.org
            > http://faithmaps.blogspot.com
            >
            > ---

            > --------------------~-->
            > http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/z_ewlB/TM
            >
            > Delivery Options: individual emails, 1 digest email a day, or no
            > email (all emails avail @
            >
            > Want to unsubscribe? Just send a blank note to
            > findingfaith-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Vanessa Greene
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 15, 2004
              dear:friend

              I'm very sorry to say that I don't know of any groups in that area, I'm from Trenton , N.J. area good luck in finding the groups. Vanessa greene

              ?

              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 15, 2004
                I don't know of any groups in this area I'm from Trenton,N.J. good luck in finding the groups. Vanessa Greene

                Stacy D Tucker <dstucker4@...> wrote:Hi !

                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 17, 2004
                  Hi Stacey,

                  See

                  http://www.ginkworld.net/churches/churchesmain.html

                  http://faithmaps.blogspot.com
                  "navigating theology, leadership, and spiritual formation in postmodernity"