thoughts from a speaker

  • kaloszoi
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2003
      So this has really nothing to do with the current trains of thought
      posted, but maybe it will help someone with something going on in
      their life. I just heard a talk on the verse in Luke about dying to
      ourselves, taking up our cross and following him. Maybe it isn't to
      deny everything we are and submit ourselves to God (as the speaker
      mentioned) but rather to die to the things in our lives that are
      keeping us from whatever we are seeking. If something (the bible
      says a hand or a foot) gets in our way of achieving our goals get
      rid of it. So maybe I'm just over thinking this passage, or this
      really refers to simplifying our lives to get out of them the good
      stuff. And then I thought how much could I do without on a daily
      basis? What are the bare essentials? Or is this spiritual simplicity?
      Any thoughts...
      Message 2 of 2 , May 11 4:47 PM
        Hi everyone,

        I'm doing some research looking for some folks who

        ....are under 35, and
        ....have facilitated Alpha courses.

        If you or anyone fit these criteria, would you contact me offlist @
        sshields@...?

        It's a big added plus if you happen to be a church planter.

        (For those of you who are in several Emerging Church online discussion
        groups as I am, pls forgive the repetition!)

        Thanks!

        http://faithmaps.blogspot.com
        "tools for navigating theology,
        leadership, discipleship and church life

        ---