What next?

  • dawnnotdepressedanymore
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 10, 2003
      Now that I have begun my journey into Christianity postmodern style,
      I find that I am being overwhelmed by the vast quantities of
      information that I continue to uncover. I feel that I need some
      direction in which to digest this feast, but I have no idea of where
      to begin. Does someone on this website have some helpful ideas,
      Bible studies, books, coursework, etc., that would help me in my
      dilemma? I think I need some time to stop uncovering and start
      learning and knowing and forming my own viewpoints on a few things
      (some things are inarguable). Any suggestions would be greatly
      appreciated.

      Just to let everyone know: I am feeling better about God and life
      everyday. I have a hunger to know more about God, which stems from
      this mysterious "longing" or "pull" on my soul. Call it Holy
      Spirit, I don't know--all I know is that I definitely "feel"
      something drawing me to God. I still can't pray--there's just
      something keeping me from that right now, but I am eager to read the
      Bible, which I haven't cared about doing in years.

      Thanks for listening,

      Dawn
    • Eland, David R
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 11, 2003
        ... I think I need some time to stop uncovering and start
        learning and knowing and forming my own viewpoints on a few things
        (some things are inarguable). Any suggestions would be greatly
        appreciated.

        Dave:
        Look for a community of believers that will welcome your questions and
        support your learning. I liked McLaren's suggestions for finding what I
        think he called a type 3 church...

        Dawn:
        Just to let everyone know: I am feeling better about God and life
        everyday. I have a hunger to know more about God, which stems from
        this mysterious "longing" or "pull" on my soul. Call it Holy
        Spirit, I don't know--all I know is that I definitely "feel"
        something drawing me to God. I still can't pray--there's just
        something keeping me from that right now, but I am eager to read the
        Bible, which I haven't cared about doing in years.

        Dave:
        Great. I can identify with you. I'm on the upward climb out of 2 years
        of depression. Spring feels great after a long winter.