RE: [findingfaith] CONFUSED ON POSTMODERN DOCTRINE

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 17 4:38 PM
      Denny,

      I just re-read your Subject line: For some introductory material on pomo,
      see

      http://www.faithmaps.org/pomophilarticles.htm

      and look at some of the articles under

      Introduction to Postmodernism

      and

      On Postmodernism and Christianity

      I have the briefest of brief nutshell treatments @

      http://www.faithmaps.org/postmodernperspective.htm

      and a little different slant with a short article @

      http://www.faithmaps.org/whatsafaithmap.htm

      plus just a couple of helpful thoughts with reliance on Brian @

      http://www.faithmaps.org/theologyinpomo.htm

      Again, "keep coming back!"
      "tools for navigating theology,
      leadership, discipleship and
      church life in postmodernity"
      over 500 links and articles

    • William Guy
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 18 8:33 AM
        Hi Denny (and others),

        Boy . . . do I relate to your message.

        I haven't yet read "Finding Faith." I happened to see "A New Kind of Christian" on a book list, and it spoke to me like nothing else I have read for several years.

        I was raised in the Southern Baptist church in Oklahoma and have migrated through an old-time Pentecostal church, then the Charismatic movement of the 70s and early 80s to the United Methodist Church. Having moved to the Boston area about four years ago, I have been unable to really find a church "home" here.

        I hate that I am carrying so much "baggage" from my previous experiences, and would like to make a new and fresh start, but I don't quite know how to do it. To be honest, I sometimes miss the security and "inclusiveness" that one feels when immersed in the almost cult-like cocoon of fundamentalism, but there's no way I could go back . . . but I just don't know quite how to go forward.

        I feel I really need to have a group of like-minded searchers with whom I can share and explore and question and affirm . . . people who will be really honest and not try to maintain that "holy facade" masking their own questions and doubts and problems. I haven't found it yet, in person, but maybe that's what this online group can be.

        Anyway, hang in there, Denny, and let's all keep this dialogue going.

        Bill Guy
        Salem, Massachusetts

        >>> sshields@... 02/17/02 07:38PM >>>
        Denny,

        I just re-read your Subject line: For some introductory material on pomo,
        see

        http://www.faithmaps.org/pomophilarticles.htm

        and look at some of the articles under

        Introduction to Postmodernism

        and

        On Postmodernism and Christianity

        I have the briefest of brief nutshell treatments @

        http://www.faithmaps.org/postmodernperspective.htm

        and a little different slant with a short article @

        http://www.faithmaps.org/whatsafaithmap.htm

        plus just a couple of helpful thoughts with reliance on Brian @

        http://www.faithmaps.org/theologyinpomo.htm

        Again, "keep coming back!"
        "tools for navigating theology,
        leadership, discipleship and
        church life in postmodernity"
        over 500 links and articles

        You can visit the Finding Faith Yahoo groups web site to modify your
        delivery settings and review former messages @