The Fellowship of the Middle Ground

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 11, 2001
      Ken wrote:

      "I think you've exactly defined the middle ground where I am (and consequently where I am uncomfortable).  The two places you seemed to define include:

      1. This tendency to put God or our experience of him into too well-defined of a box.

      or

      2. We can know nothing of God and are left merely to our own devices to guess. "

      Welcome to the fellowship of the middle ground!

      and

      "Now where is the hope if the hope is built on something quite untrue?  "

      I would only say that the opposite connotation of "too well-defined" would not be undefined.

      for what it's worth,

    • Caroline Wong
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 11, 2001
        I agree.  It's possible to love someone without fully understanding him.  In fact, it's one of the pleasures of love to gaze on the loved one, to delight in each new discovery and yet be fully satisfied at each stage of understanding.