Sources that prepared me for "New Kind..."

  • revdave9@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15, 2001
      Dear Brian,
      I am just about finished with "A New Kind of Christian" and I
      must tell you that I am relating to Dan in a big way. I am a pastor
      of a small church in rural south Texas but my thinking is more in
      step with Neo.
      I did want to share with you and the others in the group some of
      the books that I have read through the years that have helped prepare
      me for "A New Kind of Christian" thinking. First, was Leslie
      Weatherhead's The Christian Agnostic." I read that before I got into
      the pastorate. Since then I have been reading Father Joseph
      Girzone's Joshua series. And one other that I read is Robert
      Rasmussen's "Imagine Meeting Him: Soul-Stirring Encounters with the
      Son of God."
      All of these have helped to shape my theology and to welcome "A
      New Kind of Christian.
      Thanks on behalf of all of us Neo's in Dan's clothing.

      Rev. David King (RevDave)