Re: Lectio Divina in a New Kind of Christian

  • sarah.martin@gateway.net
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2001
      There has recently been much emphasis at my church on spiritual
      disciplines, including Lectio. They've also introduced it here at
      the seminary. I have really found myself getting into this stuff.
      Ever since we did the Lectio corporately at my community group at
      church, I've found myself using it at home at least a couple times a
      week. It's a powerful way to pray! The words seem to sink right
      down into my soul when I do this. Many times if I just read my
      Bible, I end up skimming or not getting much out of it. But, doing
      the Lectio divina helps me focus some how. Rather than me coming at
      Scripture, the Scripture seems to come at me.