Re: My new book

  • kevin@vineyardcentral.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 19, 2001
      Hi everyone,

      My copy of A new Kind of Christian just arrived today. I read it while
      at a bookstore last week...couldn't put it down....just sat there and
      read most of the book. Now that I have a copy of my own I want to go
      back through it a little more slowly and deliberately this time.

      Yesterday was a hard day. (I'll be brief and it DOES relate to the
      book!). I'm a pastor and a couple that has been with us for several
      month are relocating to another state. On their way out I was served
      up a full plate of criticism....some I can learn from, some that needs
      to roll off.

      Something Brian wrote in the introduction was like a salve to an open
      wound. "When you're on a really long voyage you have to get beyond
      asking, 'Are we there yet?' and instead start asking, "Are we making
      progress?'"

      I was reminded that progress matters and most failures (especially in
      this transition time we live in) are just a part of that
      progress....sometimes I feel like I'm spending a ton of time learning
      what doesn't work, slowly honing in on what will. We're in a time that
      demands experimentation. It's not all clear implementation by a
      standardized, packaged procedure.

      To live this faithfully will require this mind set that Brian has put
      forward: progress is important....don't even worry about
      arriving....just yet....

      Kevin

      --- In findingfaith@y..., briancrcc@a... wrote:
      > Greetings, everyone -- My next book, A New Kind of Christian, will
      be out any
      > day. We're going to welcome discussion of A New Kind of Christian
      here at
      > this site too
    • Russ Noland
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 20, 2001
        I read the book, too, Kevin...I think it's probably the best thing to come
        down the pike in several years now...much better than his other efforts...

        I probably feel that way because, like you, I'm a pastor...

        Russ Noland, Pastor
        Casa Linda UMC
        Dallas, TX

      • kevin@vineyardcentral.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 29, 2001
          Russ,

          I read your review at Amazon....well done! Does your church have a web
          site? Ours is at http://www.vineyardcentral.com

          Kevin

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/
        • Russ Noland
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 29, 2001
            Yeah...it's www.casalinda.org

            Glad you enjoyed the review...it's a really good read...:)
            Russ