My new book

  • briancrcc@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 3 1:22 PM
      Greetings, everyone -- My next book, A New Kind of Christian, will be out any
      day.  We're going to welcome discussion of A New Kind of Christian here at
      this site too.  Thanks! -- Brian
    • kevin@vineyardcentral.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 19 3:02 PM
        Hi everyone,

        My copy of A new Kind of Christian just arrived today. I read it while
        at a bookstore last week...couldn't put it down....just sat there and
        read most of the book. Now that I have a copy of my own I want to go
        back through it a little more slowly and deliberately this time.

        Yesterday was a hard day. (I'll be brief and it DOES relate to the
        book!). I'm a pastor and a couple that has been with us for several
        month are relocating to another state. On their way out I was served
        up a full plate of criticism....some I can learn from, some that needs
        to roll off.

        Something Brian wrote in the introduction was like a salve to an open
        wound. "When you're on a really long voyage you have to get beyond
        asking, 'Are we there yet?' and instead start asking, "Are we making
        progress?'"

        I was reminded that progress matters and most failures (especially in
        this transition time we live in) are just a part of that
        progress....sometimes I feel like I'm spending a ton of time learning
        what doesn't work, slowly honing in on what will. We're in a time that
        demands experimentation. It's not all clear implementation by a
        standardized, packaged procedure.

        To live this faithfully will require this mind set that Brian has put
        forward: progress is important....don't even worry about
        arriving....just yet....

        Kevin

        --- In findingfaith@y..., briancrcc@a... wrote:
        > Greetings, everyone -- My next book, A New Kind of Christian, will
        be out any
        > day. We're going to welcome discussion of A New Kind of Christian
        here at
        > this site too
      • Russ Noland
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 20 1:22 PM
          I read the book, too, Kevin...I think it's probably the best thing to come
          down the pike in several years now...much better than his other efforts...

          I probably feel that way because, like you, I'm a pastor...

          Russ Noland, Pastor
          Casa Linda UMC
          Dallas, TX

        • kevin@vineyardcentral.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 29 3:29 AM
            Russ,

            I read your review at Amazon....well done! Does your church have a web
            site? Ours is at http://www.vineyardcentral.com

            Kevin

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/
          • Russ Noland
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 29 6:50 AM
              Yeah...it's www.casalinda.org

              Glad you enjoyed the review...it's a really good read...:)
              Russ