      From: sentto-1145832-60-994652082-stephen=shieldsplace.org@... [mailto:sentto-1145832-60-994652082-stephen=shieldsplace.org@...]On Behalf Of carlpb92111@...
      Sent: Monday, July 09, 2001 12:15 AM
      To: findingfaith@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Looking for more information

      I typed in "Liberal Fundamentalist" in Google.com and I got a
      reference to "A New Kind of Christian" which I ordered and read.  I
      was raised a fundamentalist Christian but do not consider myself a
      Christian today.  I'm a member of the Church of Religious Science,
      was studying to be a Practitioner (a licensed spiritual counselor)
      but became disillusioned and dropped out of the training in February
      2001 (after about 2 1/2 years of study).

      Since then I've been essentially inactive as far as church, am
      involved in other spiritual groups (Alcoholics Anonymous; Al Anon).
      And I was looking for some kind of enlightened thinking about
      Christianity...which I found in Brian McLaren's book.

      I would like to explore the ideas expressed in "A New Kind of
      Christian" with a study or discussion group; and preferrably in
      person rather than on-line.

      Does anyone know if there are groups or churches pursuing the post-
      modern approach; and if so, where?  Any in San Diego, CA?

      I appreciate any direction.   Thanks---Carl Bergstrom