123Re: Adding to Faith

  • taxbill@wncol.net
    May 30 9:02 PM
      Hello,
      Well I was off line for a few days because we were getting our
      computer upgraded I am now running at 500mghz with more memory
      and happy to have a little faster machine

      > I don't believe that God requires perfect theology (otherwise I'm
      in big trouble).

      Me too big time trouble!!!

      That being said, I do believe that the moment we put our heart's
      > trust in anything other than the fact - as the first century church
      leader
      > Paul writes - that "Christ died for our sins" (1 Corinthians 15:3)
      that we
      > are in danger of trusting in our own efforts for God to accept us
      (also see
      > Ephesians 2:8-10 and the whole book of Galatians).

      Yes, in danger "of trusting
      in our own efforts"
      but are we in danger
      of nullifying our faith?

      >If God's acceptance of
      > me depends on what I do and how well I follow him, I'm in deep, deep
      > trouble!
      >If it depends on the fact that "God made him [Jesus]who had no sin
      >to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness
      >of God"
      > [2 Corinthians 5:21] then I'm ok. God's righteousness is perfect
      and if
      > that's on my account (to use one biblical metaphor) then I'm home
      free!

      So then what is the requirement
      for me to have God's righteousness?
      You have made it clear that
      it is not works. Is there
      then no requirement? Or is the
      requirement faith? perfect
      faith with nothing attached
      purposely or unintentionally?
      Is imperfect falliable faith
      good enough? I guess it's a
      stupid question because
      if it's not then we are all
      doomed because all that God
      is gonna get from imperfect
      falliable humans is imperfect
      falliable faith. What do you think?

      > HTH and please follow up with any other insights, questions, etc.

      What is HTH? Sorry there
      are alot of these abrev.
      that I am not familiar with.
      Thanks for your thoughts and