C3PO on Ep. 3 ; THX Director's Cut

  • veetus@earthlink.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2004
        Anthony Daniels (C3PO) talks the talk about Episode 3 at  http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=17692   .
        Also, I don't think this has been brought up, but Lucas' first movie (and an early short film) are coming to DVD. His "THX1138" (the movie that named a sound system) will be available as a brand new "Director's Cut" in September about a week before the "Star Wars" trilogy hits DVD. It'll include a commentary, an isolated sound FX track (probably in THX) and oodles of docs as well as the famed short film it was based on, also by Lucas. Picture and sound have been remastered.  - - - Jeff

    • Matthew Totsky
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2004
        Jeff,

        I couldn't get your C3P0 link to load (I always have
        trouble with the AICN site, so that's why I usually
        never go there). Can you just post what he said?

        Matt
      • Chapman, Scott
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 1, 2004
          I know I'm being "Mr. Picky" but I thought I'd chime in....

          First off THX is NOT named after the film THX-1138. It was just an
          odd coincidence that they share the same name. The acronym stands for
          Tomlinson Holman's eXperiment, named after the inventor of THX. This system
          was adopted by George Lucas in 1983.

          Secondly, THX is NOT a sound system, it's a certification standard
          given to cinemas and home theater equipment to ensure that you are getting
          the best possible theater or home theater experience. Think of it as an
          ISO9000 standard for theaters.

          http://www.thx.com

          This has been your useless bit of trivia for today.
          Scott C.

          > ----------

          This message and its contents (to include attachments) are the property of Kmart Corporation (Kmart) and may contain confidential and proprietary information. You are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on information contained herein is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized use of information contained herein may subject you to civil and criminal prosecution and penalties. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message immediately.
        • veetus@earthlink.net
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 1, 2004
            Gee Matt, from what I understand you never have a problem getting loaded.
            Daniels said it's quite a trip seeing nice guy Hayden Christensen turn into
            Darth Vader during the film ("It's really, in a Greek sense of the word,
            tragic to see this hero figure turn to the Dark Side"). And that C-3PO will
            be solid gold in this one. I guess he'll be styling. Remember, he was a
            weird combination of being built in the last two, and in the "trilogy" he
            was kind of scratched and beat up.
            Daniels says they do a good job of connecting this to "A New hope". The
            interviewer brought up the famous "Blockade Runner" scene that opened "Star
            Wars" (the robots on the ship and the bad guys arrive, etc.). Daniels had
            the first lines of dialogue and still knows it by heart. ("They've shot down
            the main reactor. We'll be destroyed for sure", etc.). As for the scene, he
            said, "I'm amazed that you bring that up. Let's just say you may recognize
            an old piece of scenery, and that's all I'm going to say about that". This
            leads the interviewer to speculate that Ep. 3 might end exactly where Ep. 4
            begins. (>SIGH!<) Star Wars! - - - Jeff

          • veetus@earthlink.net
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 1, 2004
              Well excuse me! Another romantic notion dashed. - - - Jeff