Re: [filemelayu] WHY PEOPLE DON'T FUCKING GO!

  • Zairul Anuar
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2001

      Thanx for the respons

      from

      zach

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: johnmak
      Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2000 1:30 AM
      To: filemelayu@egroups.com
      Subject: [filemelayu] WHY PEOPLE DON'T FUCKING GO!

      I agree with Zairul that pembikin filem Melayu harus memberi perhatian
      kepada kedua-dua golongan penonton.

      In terms of BOTH number of audience AND dollar value of sales, it's
      indisputable that the second group (home theatre group) is at least as big
      as the public theatre group.  More likely than not, it's bigger.   Whether
      you multiply the sales of the VCDs by the legal price OR by the Cetak
      Rompak price, it should be at least as big -- if not bigger -- than the
      typical box office collections of our Malay films.

      Main Reasons People Don't Watch Films in Public Theatres:

      1) TIME -- it takes you at least 4 hours to watch a 2 hour movie, if you
      count in driving, jamming, parking, waiting for show time.  For home
      theatre audience, you just pick up ten VCDs and watch it anytime using
      exactly 20 hours. I only go to the public theatre a quarter of the time for
      Hollywood films (can't gauge the American audience response there;
      Malaysian audience is only a tiny 1-2% or less of the market of a typical
      Hollywood production), but watch almost all Malay films in public theatres
      (need to get the local reaction to the films on the spot; afterall, almost
      all of our Malay films' market is here in Malaysia)

      2) HAND PHONES RINGING -- it sucks man!

      3) THE FUCKING CHATTING AFTER EACH HAND PHONE RING! -- it sucks big time!

      4) THE KUACI-EATING SOUND

      5) THE AUDIENCE LAUGHING AT THE WRONG TIMING -- at first I wonder why, then
      I realize they were all not listening to the dialogue (English films), but
      reading the subtitles!  This is common in towns and theatres where the
      audience are made up of a lot of Chinamen or Kampung boys -- no more
      perfect timing of laughs like Friends etc

      6) PEOPLE CAN'T CONTACT US IN EMERGENCIES -- COZ WE ARE THE MINORITY
      CULTURED AND EDUCATED AUDIENCE WHO TURN OFF OUR CELLULAR PHONE!

      7) Can't rewind ON THE SPOT to watch for ten times the previous scene that
      we immediately, ON THE SPOT, recognize as THE SCENE THAT MADE THE FILM.
      This is important in the process of learning from the best, coz we only
      need ONE or two such scenes to carry a movie, and audiences remember our
      films by these scenes.

      JOHNNY M.

      eLerts
      http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/1/_/_/_/976728496/