Re: [fightingpeacefully] Kennedy Owino and video to edit

  • wesley chebii
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 7, 2008
      Dear All,

      Thanks for signing me up to this wonderful working
      group. I am looking forward to making a worthy
      contribution to peace in the western region through
      your valuable support.

      I have received Kshs 10,000 from Denis and
      subsequently send the phone credits to the following;

      1. JOHN METO- MOI UNIVERSITY & KESSES- 0721 921022
      2. CHIRCHIR CHERUIYOT- ELDORET-ITEN ROAD-0720 598894
      3. DORCAS KOSKEY- ELDORET EAST 0722 826104
      4. JONATHAN CHESESIO- KEIYO DISTRICT- 0722698541
      5. FRED YEGO- BURNT FOREST- 0722 422422

      I have explained to them the assignment and have all
      agreed to perform the same. They will be giving me a
      daily update o the situation on the ground and
      achievements/challenges they are facing.

      Thank you all and best regards

      WESLEY CHIRCHIR

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • Andrius Kulikauskas
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 7, 2008
        Wesley, Fantastic! and thank you for your understanding and letting us
        work so boldly with your life's network. I urge us to make the most of
        this opportunity! Andrius Kulikauskas

      • Pilar González
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 7, 2008
          pLEASE DONT SEND ME MORE MAILS I DON HAVE INTESTE IN THAT, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, RESTET ME .

          To: mendenyo@yahoogroups.com; nafsiafrikasaana@yahoogroups.com; ghbuzt@...; an@...; ekvjuc@...; holistichelping@yahoogroups.com; fightingpeacefully@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 7, 2008
            pLEASE DONT SEND ME MORE MAILS I DON HAVE INTESTE IN THAT, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, RESTET ME .

            To: mendenyo@yahoogroups.com; nafsiafrikasaana@yahoogroups.com; ghbuzt@...; an@...; ekvjuc@...; holistichelping@yahoogroups.com; fightingpeacefully@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 7, 2008
              pLEASE DONT SEND ME MORE MAILS I DON HAVE INTESTE IN THAT, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, RESTET ME .

              To: mendenyo@yahoogroups.com; nafsiafrikasaana@yahoogroups.com; ghbuzt@...; an@...; ekvjuc@...; holistichelping@yahoogroups.com; fightingpeacefully@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 7, 2008

                To: mendenyo@yahoogroups.com; nafsiafrikasaana@yahoogroups.com; ghbuzt@...; an@...; ekvjuc@...; holistichelping@yahoogroups.com; fightingpeacefully@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 7, 2008
                  Andrius,

                  Thanks too for your support. We are increasing our
                  network of peace dialogue animators and we believ we
                  can all contribute to the restoration of normalcy.

                  We have two cases just reported today of HIV+ youth
                  who were attacked in the rural areas and their drug
                  kits destroyed. They have bo food either. We have
                  refered their case to RED CROSS for medical aid but
                  the challenge remains lack of nutrional food. Any
                  support?

                  WESLEY CHIRCHIR

                  http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                • Andrius Kulikauskas
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 8, 2008
                    Dennis and all, Here is a challenge as you help Eldoret. Can our
                    telephone callers there find who might have nutritional food in Eldoret
                    that they might give in exchange for airtime? That would be beautiful
                    if we might make that work together.

                    Wesley Chirchir wespa40@... is in our Fighting Peacefully group
                    but you can also CC Dennis Kimambo kimambodenis@... and you are
                    welcome to join Janet Feldman's Holistic Helping group (also at our
                    lab), send a blank message to holistichelping-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
                    as she is an expert in organiing help, especially with HIV/AIDS.

                    I spoke with Dennis and he will be steering resources to Eldoret. He
                    will be gone for a few hours and then address that.

                    I have also started up a wiki page for our work in Eldoret:
                    http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Eldoret
                    and I will be working more on the wiki today and trying to connect with
                    Kenyan bloggers and learn what different parts of the country they are
                    in, and how we might help link our work.

                  • wesley chebii
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 8, 2008
                      Dear Andrius,

                      Further to my email of yesterday, please find here
                      below a summary of the situation in Eldoret and
                      immediate environs and the kind of interventions that
                      we wish to undertake through the medium of sport. But
                      first things first.

                      The Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) are presently
                      being moved to a central position, in this case the
                      Eldoret ASK Showground where they will be catered for
                      by the government and UN bodies. Local organizations,
                      PEACENET included have been mandated to carry out
                      recreation, and trauma healing sessions through the
                      medium of sport. Also included in our mandate is a
                      small component of health and micro credit
                      interventions as described below.

                      Today we met with the US Assistant Secretary of State
                      in charge of Africa Ms Fraser who came to visit the
                      (IDPs) centers around Eldoret. Also we met with
                      representatives of UN bodies i.e. UNICEF, UNHCR, WFP,
                      UNOCHA and Red Cross who came for meeting with us.
                      They have pledged to assist in terms of providing
                      shelter material, food, medication and schooling for
                      the displaced persons.

                      As for us, we pledged to establish a concerted
                      sport-based Psycho-social program where we will engage
                      some counselors to commence the process of trauma
                      healing for those affected. In this case, we need
                      balls and First Aid Kits and little funding to
                      facilitate the process. UNICEF has pledged to provide
                      us with a few items but we were requested to fundraise
                      and seek more support in order to raise these items.
                      We need to begin the exercise by next Monday.

                      And to facilitate our documentation work, we need as a
                      matter of urgency to purchase a Digital camera and
                      video recorder that will be used to record all of our
                      work and post them to you and our partners.

                      Owing to the presence of IDPs in other places within
                      North Rift Kenya, PEACENET and a local organization,
                      KESOFO have decided to fundraise for a mobile BASIC
                      HEALTH CLINIC to be used to reach out to other
                      vulnerable members of our community, who have been
                      seriously affected by this conflict. This facility
                      will be used to provide out-patient services, maternal
                      to child and nutrition services among others.

                      Others to be provided as part of the larger medical
                      services include distribution of sanitary pads to
                      girls, high energy biscuits to children and new drugs
                      to HIV+ persons whose drugs were destroyed during the
                      raging conflict.

                      Finally we need used clothes for young children as the
                      mothers are now giving birth at a very high rate due
                      to stress.

                      Thanks be to you all.

                      WESLEY

                      === message truncated ===