654Romantic Times coops shared advertising September cover August shelf

  • LisaRenJones@aol.com
    Apr 18, 2011

      Hi all -- I am putting together Co-ops for the September Romantic Times Coops. Thanks to some help, I am going to keep this up at least through the December edition to cover 2011. As a lot of you know I have coordinated author coops for about 5 years. I don't charge to do this-- I do it because it lets us all get cheaper advertising and I meet lots of great contacts. I've made some great friends through the coops.

      By doing a Coop you save right at $100 from taking the same space on your own.

      This is the September edition that hits shelves in August. It will have pictures from the convention in it so it will be a popular and fun issue.

      The scoop --
      --Each ad is one full black and white page.
      --5 authors per AD -- RT allows 4 or 6 people but they still charge for at least 5 and they make the 6th pay for a spot. I try to stick to 5 though 6 actually looks really nice.
      --$220 a person.
      --Money will be due in May.
      --RT says their distribution is currently 70k  -- this information was given to me only a month ago
      --You get a review with the AD and a chance to be considered for the RT awards if your publisher does not automatically get you reviews.
      --I'm pretty good at dividing ads by genre. If I only have 1 ad for the month I use dividers, coloring, and split headers and make the ads look like separate ads. I am very sensitive as an author to how you want your book to shine and mesh well in the advertisement.
      --All publishers are allowed.
      --RT does the artwork. They actually charge us extra if we do it but over the years I've managed to come up with some sharp looking formats with my coordination with them.
      --I have plenty of samples I can show after years of doing this.

      Email me if interested at lisarenjones@...

      I have plenty of samples as well after 5 years

      Lisa

      www.lisareneejones.com
      2011 releases:
      The Zodius Series Sourcebooks May/November beginning with LEGEND OF MICHAEL
      Spice Briefs Masters Trilogy -- June, July, August
      Blaze Hotzone trilogy -- January, March, May