RE: [fhctech] SLC Support Structure

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 4, 2006
      Global Support is responsible for the network components that SLC supplies -
      mainly the PIX box and any wireless networking system installed in the
      building by the church (not to be confused with a wireless ISP that might be
      used).

      Responsibility of the ISP can vary from place to place. Originally it was
      up to the stakes to install it, now it's being transferred to the FM
      (Facilities Management) Group who will probably be working with Global
      Support.

      If you're having internet connectivity problems, I'd start with Global
      Support.

      Unless you're one of the few multi-stake centers that the church set up the
      networking, any servers and stuff you have you're on your own to find local
      resources to set them up and maintain them.

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 5, 2006
        Could
        > someone please outline the available support desks, telephone
        numbers
        > and their responsibilities. It would be most appreciated.

        Here are the numbers I use:

        (866) 406-1830 FHL Support - for Software and general FH questions

        (866) 678-2763 Global Support - for PIX, church wireless network and
        some ISP support

        (800) 346-6044 General Support - This is the old support number. I
        think they just route you to one of the other numbers???

        (800) 537-5971 Distribution Orders Support - Mostly for Directors
        and those dealing with film/fiche orders

        I also have a number (801) 240-4430. This goes to Global Support
        but I think it is just a local Utah number that goes to the same
        place as the 866 number above.

        Not for questions of a technical nature obviously, but we have also
        called our local Temple for direction on procedural questions once
        or twice. They have been a big help. Don't know if that is correct
        or not but they never seem to mind.

        Hope that helps.

        Karl Ross
        Hurst Texas Stake