xceedzip and Inventory Manager

  • Don Richards
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 3, 2006
      Inventory Manager......Due to a defective moden i was unable to send
      film orders or update restriction list, etc. When any action was
      canceled a splash window would appear saying......"Trial Period
      Expired"....The free trial period of xceedzip compression library has
      expired" with an additional list if links for purchase. Am I correct
      in assuming that this has nothing to do with Inventory Manager and
      that someone must have downloaded a trial version which is somehow
      attached to modem connectivity??
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 3, 2006
        Yes it does have to do with IM, but as far as I've heard, SLC hasn't come up with a fix. It's an old issue. If anyone knows of the fix, I'd like to hear it. When I contacted SLC they seem to feel that as long as everything worked, it wasn't a problem.
      • Donsescape
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 4, 2006
          I tried downloading the 14 day free trial of xceedzip and it didn't
          help. I tried renaming the file fhcru.fhc to restrict.txt, which is
          what it should name it after it is extracted. It is viewable in
          notepad. I thought that perhaps I could replace the existing file
          with the new file and have it work. However, the existing file is a
          bit elusive. I can see a restricted list from inventory manager but
          I can't seem to find the source. If you can find the source file in
          something like c:\nodesys\inbound\fhc01383\fhcru then you could copy
          the new file and overwrite the old one. The other thing you could do
          is simply rename the file extention to .txt and view it in notepad
          since it is simply a list of numbers. You would just have to
          remember to look when you order films.

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 4, 2006
            Are you saying that the restricted list is not being updated? I'll have to
            check and see if ours is being updated. I don't normally use IM.

            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 5, 2006
              The restricted list is not automatically updated. We received word
              via email that there was a new list. It has to be manually updated.
              Salt Lake can email the file. The file is simply a list of numbers of
              restricted films.

              --- In fhctech@yahoogroups.com, "RussellHltn" <RussellHltn@v...> wrote:

              > Are you saying that the restricted list is not being updated? I'll
              have to
              > check and see if ours is being updated. I don't normally use IM.

              Behalf Of

              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 6, 2006
                So how do you determine if the list is current or not?

                Gary

                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 6, 2006
                  >>> It has to be manually updated. Salt Lake can email the file. <<<

                  Whoa. I can't remember the procedure to update, but I distinctly remember a
                  menu option to trigger an update. What I was wanting to ask is if this error
                  prevents the restricted file from being updated as the IM programmers had
                  intended. If we have to pester SLC for a file to be manually placed in the
                  IM directory, then I'm sure our Restricted List is quite out of date. And
                  I'm sure I'm not alone.
                • Donsescape
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 7, 2006
                    If you look under administrator there is an option to view the
                    restricted list and an option to update the restricted list. When you
                    choose update you can select Salt Lake or file. If you select Salt
                    Lake it will bring up the dialer to connect to Salt Lake. If you
                    choose file then you run into the problem with xceedzip. IM is in need
                    of a program update so it can be used with DSL or other networked
                    systems. I'm still trying to figure out how to reprogram the dialer
                    file to access Salt Lake through the internet. All they would have to
                    do is be able to make a secure connection through a website using a
                    username and password then we can update and order films online. I'll
                    keep picking at it.