Inventory Mgr lost toolbar

  • Louis Puster
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3, 2005
      Inventory Manager 2.2 running under Windows 2000 lost its toolbar.  We tried restoring FHCIMFront.mde from another computer that DOES show the toolbar, but that didn't help.

      In fact, the toolbar appears briefly when it starts up, but disappears before the sign on prompt.

      I have Access 2000 on my home computer and tried to open FHCIMFront.mde from Access, thinking that it would open in software development mode, allowing access to the source, but it just ran the same as the runtime package does.

      Since restoring FHCIMFront.mde didn't fix it, I am doubtful that reinstalling the application would fix it either.

      Any Access developers out there?

      Louis.
      Knoxville TN FHC
    • HLewellyn@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 3, 2005
        in the upper right hand corner of the program screen you find three icons a minus sign, a square and an x..  left mouse  click on the square and I think it will shrink the screen enough for the tool bar to be seen again.  I think.
      • Louis Puster
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 3, 2005
          I think you are refering to the status line, which is at the bottom of a window.  The top three lines are the title bar which also contains the three icons you mentioned, the second line contains the File, Edit,... menus, and the third line is the tool bar.

          Louis.

          On 12/3/05, HLewellyn@... <HLewellyn@...> wrote:
          in the upper right hand corner of the program screen you find three icons a minus sign, a square and an x..  left mouse  click on the square and I think it will shrink the screen enough for the tool bar to be seen again.  I think.

          American family home insurance American family home insurance company American family home owner insurance

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        • HLewellyn@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 4, 2005
            In a message dated 12/3/05 11:39:58 PM Eastern Standard Time, List4327@... writes:
            think you are refering to the status line, which is at the bottom of a window.  The top three lines are the title bar which also contains the three icons you mentioned, the second line contains the File, Edit,... menus, and the third line is the tool bar.

            Louis.
            No, I was refering to the top icons.  I have had the same problem and by clicking on the icon that makes the program larger or smaller is what I was refering to.  Somehow the screen goes to full size and elimates the top tool bar.  Click in the icon and reduce the window size and the tool bar reappears.
          • Don L. Blanchard

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 5, 2005
                If you want to maximize or move a window, but you can't click on those buttons in the upper right corner of the window, you may press Alt + Spacebar to display the control menu in the upper left corner of the window. You will see Restore, Move, Minimize, Size, Maximize, and Close. If you choose Move, your mouse pointer will change to a four-headed arrow, and you may use the four arrow keys on the keyboard to move the window; then press Enter to finish.

                Another option is to close or minimize the problem window, right-click on an empty area of the task bar (usually at the bottom of the screen), and choose one of the Tile options.

                Still another option is to increase your screen resolution in the Display Settings, so the window that was off the screen is now on the screen.

                Dana