Cisco Pix 501 Firewall Question

  • mendjaso@isu.edu
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 13, 2005
      Does any one know what the church uses the vpn Tunnel on the
      firewall for?

      The Internet connection at my center slowed down when the global
      service desk team turned on the vpn tunnel. The speed went down to the
      point for a page to come up a person has to refresh the page.

      Thank you

      Jason Mendenhall
      Pocatello FHC
      Director
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 14, 2005
        No. Is there any other church usage of your internet connection? FM group?
        Institute?

        I'd call Global Connect and report the problem.

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 14, 2005
          My understanding, from a former Church employee is that all internet
          activity goes from your browser through the VPN to a server in SLC,
          and then to the internet. This is to ensure that we donĀ“t go to
          "undesirable" sites. My friend (who worked for the Church in Chile as
          tech support), said that SLC would monitor and ask questions at times.

          Alan