RE: [fhctech] 1881 Canadian Census

  • Patty Gaddis
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 8, 2005
      Thanks, Russell. I'll try that. Hadn't realized you could do that.

      I had thought it was strange with the two can1881's, too. But, checked
      over the path and that is indeed where it seems to be.

      Just for grins, I even tried saving the registry with only one and it still
      gave no path found.

      Patty
      At 01:26 PM 6/8/2005, you wrote:
      >The first thing to do is that that URL you listed and then do a Start | Run
      >and paste that path into the command line and run it. If all goes right,
      >you'll see that directory open up. If something is wrong with that path,
      >you'll get an error. I use that trick t spot typos and all.
      >
      >The two "can1881" makes me suspect it the data may have gotten copied to the
      >wrong level.
    • Patty Gaddis
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 9, 2005
        Figured it out tonight. It was so obvious after being away from it a few
        days. It was supposed to be ...\can 1881\can1881\ Note the space in the
        first one.

        Thanks, Patty

        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 10, 2005
          It's always so easy - when you figure it out. <g>