RE: [fhctech] 1881 Canadian Census

    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 8, 2005
      The first thing to do is that that URL you listed and then do a Start | Run
      and paste that path into the command line and run it. If all goes right,
      you'll see that directory open up. If something is wrong with that path,
      you'll get an error. I use that trick t spot typos and all.

      The two "can1881" makes me suspect it the data may have gotten copied to the
      wrong level.

      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 8, 2005
        Thanks, Russell. I'll try that. Hadn't realized you could do that.

        I had thought it was strange with the two can1881's, too. But, checked
        over the path and that is indeed where it seems to be.

        Just for grins, I even tried saving the registry with only one and it still
        gave no path found.

        Patty
        At 01:26 PM 6/8/2005, you wrote:
        >The first thing to do is that that URL you listed and then do a Start | Run
        >and paste that path into the command line and run it. If all goes right,
        >you'll see that directory open up. If something is wrong with that path,
        >you'll get an error. I use that trick t spot typos and all.
        >
        >The two "can1881" makes me suspect it the data may have gotten copied to the
        >wrong level.
      • Patty Gaddis
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 9, 2005
          Figured it out tonight. It was so obvious after being away from it a few
          days. It was supposed to be ...\can 1881\can1881\ Note the space in the
          first one.

          Thanks, Patty

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 10, 2005
            It's always so easy - when you figure it out. <g>