PRF with the new fix

  • Gary Tarbet
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 27, 2005

      I have installed PRF with the new fix and it is running great.  I have one problem.  We just got in some new CDs.  I loaded them on the server.  I removed PRF from each workstation then did a new install to pick up all the new CDs.  I then moved our sneaky file into position.  In Pedigrees I now have duplicate CD numbers for all the older CDs.  What did I do wrong?  How do I get rid of the duplicate numbers?  Thanks for the help.

      GaryT

      Ashburn VA

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 27, 2005
        Did you restart the computer and check the list again? I seem to remember that being a problem on a previous update but it self corrected.

        Also, what is the "new fix" that I must have missed? I am ready to add the most recent 10 disks.

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 28, 2005

          Gary,

          Probably the ‘old’ fix now but putting the $PCOMP NO SCAN file on the server.  But I moved the file, installed the new CDs and then went to the workstations.  Did an uninstall of PRF on the workstation then rebooted and did a fresh install of the index and pedigrees.  Then did the network disk thing.  Let each workstation rebuild its index file.  Everything seemed to work and was fine so moved the $PCOMP NO SCAN back into place.

          Last week I got a call telling me there were two of all the older CDs.  Only one of the newer CDs.  Anyway, just wondering how I get the file that is built on the workstation to flush with the uninstall so I only have one CD title for each CD on the server.

          GaryT

          Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2005 3:48 PM

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 28, 2005
            You can safely leave the $PCOMP file in the 3 "Vol" directories, but you do need to take it out of the top-level directory until all the clients properly build their index.

            I also remember something odd but I think it went away on it's own.  But it might have taken to "runs" without the PCOMP to get everything fixed.  I'd have to go back into the archives and see what I posted after the 86-90 upgrade.