BOOK INVENTORY & CATALOGUE SOFTWARE

  • David J. Wardell
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2 5:30 PM
      All,

      Is there a particular software application subscribers to this list have successfully used to inventory FHC printed and electronic
      book holdings? Recently I was surprised to learn that, although we have a very large collection, we have no central inventory point
      that will allow searching by relevant criteria or even create a listing of the center's holdings.

      Clearly there are opportunities to create something using any of the simple database programs, but I was hoping for a tool a bit
      more mature, sophisticated ... and finished.

      Many thanks in advance,

      David Wardell
      McLean Virginia FHC
      fhc@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3 12:51 AM
        The last time this was discussed BookCAT was mentioned.
        http://www.fnprg.com/bookcat/bookcat.html 30-day free trial, not very
        expensive and if your books have a ISBN number, it will download information
        so you cut down on the data entry.

        Is there a particular software application subscribers to this list have
        successfully used to inventory FHC printed and electronic book holdings?
        Recently I was surprised to learn that, although we have a very large
        collection, we have no central inventory point that will allow searching by
        relevant criteria or even create a listing of the center's holdings.

        Clearly there are opportunities to create something using any of the simple
        database programs, but I was hoping for a tool a bit more mature,
        sophisticated ... and finished.

        Many thanks in advance,

        David Wardell
        McLean Virginia FHC
        fhc@...

        save the life of a child. Support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's
        'Thanks & Giving.'
        http://us.click.yahoo.com/8HGP.B/5WnJAA/a8ILAA/FvNolB/TM
        Yahoo! Groups Links