Clean Install of Win 2000 Pro

  • philbessjr
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2005
      We have computers with Win98SE and WinMe operating systems. I want
      to reformat the hard drives and do a clean install of Win 2000 Pro.
      Would someone please lead me to some simple instructions on how to
      create a boot-up diskette, reformat the hard drive, and install the
      new oprating system. Thanks in advance for your help -- someone
      always comes through when needed.

      Phil Besselievre
      Fort Worth Teaxas Stake FHC
    • Dana Repouille
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 6, 2005
        > We have computers with Win98SE and WinMe operating systems. I want
        > to reformat the hard drives and do a clean install of Win 2000 Pro.
        > Would someone please lead me to some simple instructions on how to
        > create a boot-up diskette, reformat the hard drive, and install the
        > new oprating system. Thanks in advance for your help -- someone
        > always comes through when needed.

        Phil,
        Don't think too hard about it. Your first step is to boot from the Win 2000
        Pro CD, not a diskette. The setup process will show you what partitions and
        operating systems are present. You can easily delete all current partitions
        and tell the setup process to use all available space on the drive for a
        clean install.

        You don't create a diskette. The setup process will create and format the
        partition for you. Piece of cake.

        Dana

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 6, 2005
          As Dana indicated, the boot disk is a last resort of you can't boot from the
          Win2000 CD.

          If you need to, create an Emergency Repair diskette from one of the Win98 or
          WinME workstations. Typically they have the drivers needed to fire up the
          CD drive and once you boot from the diskette you can then go to the CD and
          run setup.