RE: [fhctech] Printing from Family Search

  • Gary Tarbet
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 30, 2004

      They way I have always done it is to edit the system.ini file in the WINNT directory and add the following lines to the [386enh] section on each workstation.

      [Network]

      PrintBufTime=5

      [IFSMGR}

      PrintBufTime=5

      Works great.  By the way, this came to me from another contributor a couple years ago so I am not the original contributor.

      GaryT

      Ashburn VA

      From:  "Rick Klemetson" <Rick@K...>
      Date:  Sat Sep 29, 2001  1:46 pm
      Subject:  RE: [fhctech] Print over network.

      Gordon,

      When you set up the printing on the workstations, make sure
      that you set it
      to print from DOS applications. Then make sure that the
      shared printer is
      captured to a local port. Then you can edit the
      \pas\pasetup.txt file

      LOCATION=Home
      TIMEOUT=0
      PRINT1TYPE=HP Laser III, IV
      PRINT1FILE=HPIII.FSP
      PRINT1CON=LPT1 (Parallel)

      The port should correspond to the captured port. The FSP
      file should match
      the printer that you are using.
      This probably isn't the full solution, but at least some
      additional
      information.

      Rick Klemetson