Paf 5.0

  • Darrell Bangerter
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 18, 2001
      We have three identical Dell computers running Win 95 networked in our FHC.
      At home I downloaded PAF 5.0 from FamilySearch along with the lessons. Then
      I copied the setup programs to a CD. The CD worked great for installing them
      on one of the FHC computers but the other two wouldn't recognize the CD-R.
      So I burned another CD --> same results. Then I thought I could share the
      program and lessons on the one that worked with the other two computers. The
      lessons worked okay but when I tried to run the program the opening screen
      came up but then disappeared. Any thoughts?

      Also, to get the "show me" to work in the lessons I had to download and
      install Macromedia's Shockwave Player.

      Darrell Bangerter
      Vancouver WA West FHC
    • Justin Masters
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 18, 2001
        Verily, Darrell Bangerter did write:

        >We have three identical Dell computers running Win 95 networked in our FHC.
        >At home I downloaded PAF 5.0 from FamilySearch along with the lessons. Then
        >I copied the setup programs to a CD. The CD worked great for installing them
        >on one of the FHC computers but the other two wouldn't recognize the CD-R.
        >So I burned another CD --> same results. Then I thought I could share the
        >program and lessons on the one that worked with the other two computers. The
        >lessons worked okay but when I tried to run the program the opening screen
        >came up but then disappeared. Any thoughts?

        Since those (probably older) CDROM machines can't read the CDR that
        you burned, you might try to copy the stuff to the machine that CAN
        read it, and then network copy it to the other machines, to install
        from there.

        The other possibility is that the machine that CAN read it is a CDRW
        machine (as well as the machine that burned the CD) and the session
        was not closed after burning the CD. Closing the session will write
        info on the CD that explains the boundaries of what data is on the CD.

        >Also, to get the "show me" to work in the lessons I had to download and
        >install Macromedia's Shockwave Player.

        Install similarly..

        >Darrell Bangerter
        >Vancouver WA West FHC

        Justin Masters (Systems Programmer) PH: 916 356-6735
        Intel Corp. FM6-17 FAX: 916 377-2288
        1900 Prairie City Rd, Folsom, CA 95630 jmasters@...